What do you do with your Groovy Lab in a Box once your STEMists have completed the monthly themed activity? Teach your STEMists about the importance of recycling and reusing materials by finding new ways to use the Groovy box.
Below are 12 fun and groovy ways to repurpose your cool retro-style Groovy Lab in a Box
1. Make a Diorama. Use your box as a creative STEMist summer project by making a diorama using the theme, “My Summer Vacation.” Or, save your box for an upcoming school diorama project.
2. Use as a Shoebox. Our Groovy Lab in a Box packaging is an excellent way to keep your STEMists’ shoes in tip-top shape and an awesome way to organize your closet!
3. Make Wall Shelves. Paint or decorate our packaging to create unique and inexpensive wall shelving that you can use to store light weight knick knacks such as a small picture frame or flower vase.
4. Create a Memory Box. Cover the box with decorative scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, or masking tape. Then, when your STEMists experience something cool or unusual, ask them to write that event on a piece of paper. The STEMist should then fold the paper and place it in the box. At the end of the month, at the end of the year, or anytime your STEMists are in need of cheering up, recommend they pull out their memory box to read some of their favorite memories.
5. Make a Sailboat. Cut off the front flap of your groovy box, and then cut into thirds. Take one of the third pieces and fold into the shape of a number 2. Tape the bottom edges of the 2 shape together, and then crinkle to make a C shape. Place a piece of tape down the back to hold. Place your groovy sailboat and let the wind blow. Groovy Sailboat VIDEO: Groovy Sail Boat.